Fat-IBC at the local news
Dagens Nyheter published an article on UU´s Fat-based IntraBody Communication approach.
Read the Dagens Nyheter´s article "Fet kommunikation kräver skydd mot hackare" on Fat-IBC.
Fat-IBC stands for Fat-based IntraBody Communication, an approach investigated by the Microwaves in Medical Engineering Group at the Division of Solid-State Electronics. The research aims to unveil the potential of the fat tissue as a wireless communication medium to enhance body-centric communications connecting worn or implanted nodes.
Advances in Fat-IBC are mostly thanks to the efforts in the following projects:
- SSF´s project "Lifesec: Do not hack my body"
- Vinnova´s project "Connect my body: from in-body communication to the health care system"
- SSF´s project "ZeroIoT: Det trådlösa sakernas internet, nu utan batterier" (Swedish)
- SSF´s project "BOS: Software Principles & Techniques for a Body-centric OS"
- OPEN-FET project "B-CRATOS: Wireless Brain-Connect inteRfAce TO machineS"
- H2020 ICT project "SINTEC: Soft Intelligent Epidermal Communication Platform"
These projects have received fund from the following agencies: Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research, Vinnova (The Agency for Innovation Systems) and the European Commision.
Read more about the projects at MMG´s page on projects.